Monday, November 09, 2009

My Favorite Season


Many people that are close to me know that I love winter, but really my favorite season is fall. I love the cooler air, the changing colors, the good smells from the kitchen and most of all knowing that winter is next! We have had a great fall this year, one that tops them all! Chad and I enjoyed a week away on a cruise with friends while the children got to spend a week with Grandma, Papa and Mady. We have enjoyed dressing the kids up for Halloween, carving and decorating pumpkins, baking yummy food, going to fall carnivals and seeing the fun of the season through our kids eyes...the best way to see things!
We celebrated Dathan's 3rd birthday over a month ago now. He has really been into pumpkins this fall and wanted a pumpkin cake.
My parents survived the week with all three grandkids at our house while Chad and I were on the cruise.


Our little football girl!

We had a great week cruising with our friends Greg and Delaina from Carlsbad. We went to St. Thomas, St. Marten, Grand Turk and Princess Cays. We had a nice relaxing week.







Chad did the honors of carving the pumpkin after the kids and I had cleaned the inside out. Kacy liked playing with the seeds, but Dathan didn't want much to do with it.


Halloween morning we made pumpkin shaped pancake and Dathan put the faces on them.



Dathan and his good friend Austin at the pumpkin patch.






Kacy loves her blanket and pacifier for nap time and bedtime.













0 comments: