Thursday, November 13, 2008

Adventures in Mothering

I have to share my latest adventure with you all. First of all Chad is out of town for the week with work and will not return until Sat. The week started off with Dathan having a fever Mon. - Wed. and a cold, which lead to us being cooped up in the house trying to get him well. Thankfully he loves to watch the movie "Cars" now and is quite entertained by it. I used to be one of those parents that would never have thought I would let my child watch hours of TV in a day, but when you have a sick one and a 2 1/2 month old baby, survival takes over! So my adventure yesterday was I loaded both kids up in the double stroller, with Moose pulling us along, we took a stroll to get out of the house. The walk was pleasant and we were all happy to be out of the house. When we got home I told Dathan that we would play out back for awhile because the weather was so nice. I put Kacy in a carrier and out we went. When I tried to go back inside to grab something I found that the door was locked. Apparently, Dathan turned the lock before we closed the door. So there I am locked out back with both kids, no phone, no diapers, no bottles, and Chad's out of town. I remembered that Chad had hidden a key under a rock out front (by the way our entire front yard is rocks!), so I went to look and could not find it. I quickly panicked! I went next door to our German neighbors and thankfully they were home. I used their phone to call Chad to see where the key was hidden. He didn't answer because he had turned his phones off while he was in a meeting. The neighbors 13 year old son came out with me to help look for the key and we ended up finding it buried under a rock down in the dirt. Praise God! Be sure that I will be hiding the key myself so that I know exactly where it is!

Smiley Girl
This past weekend we met our friends Greg and Delaina from Carlsbad along with their 2 girls in Ruidoso. We had fun hiking around and letting the kids play.
What a "Big Helper"! We still have to watch that Dathan is not too rough with this baby sister, but he has come so far and really tries to be sweet to her. He likes to help hold the bottle and will put it in the sink for me when she is finished. Unfortunately for Kacy he likes to take the bottle in and out of her mouth repeatedly...I think he is just curious about what is going on???

This pictures was taken on our way up to the cabin this past weekend. Dathan talked nonstop the entire way. He always gets so excited to go to the cabin.


We finally did it! We stayed all night at the cabin! We went up to Ruidoso on Fri. and stayed until Sun. We had lots of fun and the kids slept great too! We could not have asked for more.




0 comments: